Hair transplant surgery is a cosmetic procedure that involves the transfer of hair follicles from one part of the scalp to another. While hair transplant surgery is considered a safe and effective procedure, proper pre-operative and post-operative care is essential to ensure the best possible outcome. In this article, we will discuss the pre-operative and post-operative care for hair transplant in Turkey.
Pre-operative Care for Hair Transplant in Turkey
Before undergoing hair transplant surgery in Turkey, patients should follow a few simple steps to ensure the best possible outcome. These steps include:
- Research the clinic and surgeon: Patients should research the clinic and surgeon thoroughly before undergoing hair transplant surgery. Look for reviews and feedback from previous patients to get a sense of the surgeon’s skill and reputation.
- Stop smoking and avoid alcohol: Smoking and alcohol consumption can both interfere with the healing process and increase the risk of complications during surgery. Patients should stop smoking and avoid alcohol for at least two weeks before and after the procedure.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications: Medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen can increase the risk of bleeding during surgery. Patients should avoid blood-thinning medications for at least two weeks before the procedure.
- Wash hair and scalp: Patients should wash their hair and scalp thoroughly before the procedure to remove any oils or debris that may interfere with the surgery.
Post-operative Care for Hair Transplant in Turkey
- After undergoing hair transplant surgery in Turkey, patients should follow the post-operative care instructions provided by their surgeon. These instructions may vary depending on the technique used and the individual patient’s needs, but generally include the following:
- Avoid touching the scalp: Patients should avoid touching or scratching the scalp for at least a week after the procedure to avoid dislodging the transplanted hair follicles.
- Avoid strenuous activity: Patients should avoid strenuous physical activity, such as heavy lifting or exercise, for at least a week after the procedure.
- Sleep with head elevated: Patients should sleep with their head elevated for at least a week after the procedure to reduce swelling.
- Take prescribed medications: Patients may be prescribed pain medication or antibiotics after the procedure. It is important to take these medications as directed by the surgeon.
- Follow proper hair care instructions: Patients should follow proper hair care instructions provided by the surgeon, including how to wash and care for the transplanted hair.
- Attend follow-up appointments: Patients should attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with the surgeon to monitor healing and ensure the best possible outcome.